Alpha

Alpha (Shifters, #6)Alpha by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the final book in Rachel Vincent's Werecat's series. And to be honest, even though I've had some troubles with the books over the course of the series, I obviously liked it enough to read them all, and to my surprise, I want to read them again! I want to experience the whole story again! And that to me, is one part of a great series.

So this book starts off almost exactly where the last ends. Malone is vying for council seat, and trying to oust Faythe's father. Faythe's attentions are now split between Jace and Marc, and Marc has made it very clear that Faythe needs to choose one or the other.

Now, in my last review, for Shift, I talked about the dynamic of this love triangle a little bit, and how it felt to me as a reader. I have to say, for some reason, even though it totally bothered me in the last book, in this book, it kept me on the edge of my seat, wondering who the hell Faythe is going to choose.

Now, I have to say, for the first half of the book, I was strictly rooting for Marc. But, there comes a point in the book when Faythe's father says something to her about love, and choosing the one she can't live without, that's when I started to have a bit of a change of heart. I found myself also rooting for Jace, almost more than i was rooting for Marc. Now, I'm not going to give away the ending and say who she chooses, but, I will say that I was definitely satisfied with that aspect of it.

This book is also where we have the climax of the council war. Will the Southern Pride beat down Malone and his Appalachian bullies? Will Faythe have her shining moment and figure everything out?

This book was honestly the best of the whole series. And I did have a little bit of trouble with it in the middle, and I put it down for a few days. But I picked it back up tonight, and I literally just finished it. So, obviously, go get this book. Go get this series. You will not be sorry!

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather