Up From the Grave

Up From the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm a huge Jeaniene Frost fan. I've read every single one of her Cat & Bones books and novellas, and I also own them all. But this book, to me, wasn't as strong as I was hoping for. it's the last book of the series, and maybe that's just why I was expecting so much more. At the same time, I was also skeptical of this book because of that.

This book, as well as the previous, for me at least, were just not as strong as the other books in the series. Did I still read them? Of course. Do I still own them? Of course. But do I want to re-read them over and over like I do the other books in the series? Not so much.

So, Cat and Bones are settling into their life of retirement after putting away the most dangerous ghost in history, when Cat's ghostly Uncle Don comes to tell her that her former team is missing, and he knows that Jason Madigan, his new replacement at the top secret gov't facility that Cat used to work for is to blame. So Cat and Bones set out to save her old team from certain doom, enlisting along the way help from several of her and Bones' old contacts and friends. But will they be able to save the team before it's too late? And when Cat discovers a secret that could cause war with the ghouls, will she and Bones be able to stop what could be possibly the worst thing to happen to the undead world?

The biggest problem for me with this book was the fact that things were so predictable. I've never really had that with one of Ms. Frost's books before. They introduce a new character, and right away, I knew where she was going with that whole character. And then a new plot "twist" would happen, but I'd have already seen it coming, and know where she was going with it. Other than that, the characters were snarky and well written as always, and the scenes between Cat and Bones were very steamy. Overall, I gave this book three stars, because while I was entertained while reading it, I just don't think it holds up to the rest of the series. If you're a fan of Ms. Frost, be sure to pick it up, and give it a go yourself. If you've never read her, go pick up the Night Huntress series, and give it a read! It's a great series, and she's a wonderful writer.

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather