Divergent

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Beatrice Prior is a member of Abnegation, one of the five factions in post-war Chicago. She is coming up on sixteen, and her choosing day. She knows that she's not fit for Abnegagtion, but she doesn't know where she fits. When her pre-choosing day test, the test that is supposed to show you where you fit faction-wise. But Beatrice's test shows that she could fit in one of three: Abnegation, Dauntless, or Erudite. She finds out she is Divergent.

At the choosing day, Beatrice's brother chooses Erudite, to the astonishment of everyone in her faction. And then Beatrice chooses Dauntless. Her faction is stunned. In Dauntless, Beatrice, now Tris, faces things that she's never seen or done before, like jumping off a building. As she fights her way, sometimes literally, through initiation, strange things start to happen. And when they come to a head, Tris will face her greatest challenge of all.

Tris meets new friends in Dauntless, Christina, Will, Al, and then there's Four. Strong, silent, yet kind, Four. As he takes an interest in her, she takes one in him. Will what they have blossom into something more? And will Tris be able to follow the phrase "Faction before Blood" and forget her family?

I really fought against reading this book for a long time, even though my friend finally talked me into it. I'm really glad she did. When I finally started reading the book, the movie came out. I realized I was liking the book, so, my husband and I rented the movie. And while people really bashed the movie, and of course the book was better (it always is), the movie wasn't bad either.

The idea behind this book, that people can fit into one specific identity based on one trait, is very interesting. Of course, the book talks about how for some people that does't work, and those people are the Divergent. The book is of course about Tris, but, it's also about more than that. And the book is an easy read, a fun read, and a very emotional read all at the same time.

If you have not read this book yet, pick it up. It is a book that should be enjoyed by all. I've started the second book already, and I can't wait to see where this series goes!

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather