J.R. Ward's "Crave"

Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2)Crave by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I definitely liked this book better than the first, although I'm not quite sure why. This story focuses on Issac Rothe and one Grier Childe, with Jim, Eddie, Adrian, Dog, and of course, Matthias in the backdrop.

The writing is classic J.R. Ward writing- gritty, with that touch of maleness to it that just makes it pop. I love the character of Issac Rothe. Bad boy who tries to right his wrongs. He ends up falling for Grier Childe, his upper class, straight-laced defense attorney who just doesn't want to give up on him. As always, Ms. Ward's sex scenes are steamy, and wonderful!

Jim is back in this novel, since the continuing storyline is centered on him saving seven souls. He is fighting with Rothe to help save him, as well as Matthias, who is just bound and determined to destroy Rothe. We get to see a bit more about Jim as an angel in this book, which is intriguing, but there's a twist at the end that I ended up seeing coming, but was a bit of a shock when I realized what it was.

Overall, this series seems to be getting better and better, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

View all my reviews

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

Phoenix Feather

The Bite Before Christmas