My Life As A White Trash Zombie

My Life As a White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie, #1)My Life As a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book started really strong for me, kind of trailed off in the middle, and then really picked up at the end again. It left me wanting more, and I can't wait to pick up the next book in the series.

Meet Angel, a real "white-trash" low-life; addicted to drugs and alcohol, no job, a high school drop out, a real winner. But when she wakes up in the hospital after an overdose, she finds someone has given her a second chance at life. A mysterious person wrote her a letter which got her a job at a morgue.

Angel can't waste this chance, because if she does, this mysterious person will tell her Parole Officer about drugs and such, and she'll end up in jail. What Angel comes to learn is that she's been turned into a zombie, and she needs her job for her survival.

I really fell in love with the character of Angel. She was down on her luck, and at first when she got the second chance, she almost didn't want to believe it was really true. But then she starts to backslide into her old ways a little, and that's where the book gets a little slow for me.

It was really tough watching Angel fight with herself about the issues of her past life and her present life. It's also at this time in the book where Angel kind of hits a brick wall, and just stops. She works on deciding how she's going to continue.

The other side of this book is the killer. Angel discovers that there is a serial killer on the loose, and she tries to figure out who it is. Now, I'm going to be totally honest, and say that I knew something was up with the person who turns out to be the killer, but I didn't know what. So it was half a surprise for me.

As for Marcus, the detective that Angel has a bit of a crush on, I kind of figured out his back story shortly after the beginning of the book. I can't say more than that without giving anything away, but if you read this, you'll see what I mean.

This book was a truly refreshing idea in a world of vampires and werewolves, and I really can't wait to get my hands on the next book!

View all my reviews

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather