Grimspace

Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1)Grimspace by Ann Aguirre
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Grimspace is the story of Sirantha Jax, a former Corp "jumper;" a person who can propel space ships through a section of space called Grimspace, which allows long distance space travel fast. When her ship crashes on Matins IV, killing everyone on board, she becomes the scapegoat for the Corp. But Sirantha can't remember what really happened... Did she cause the crash and deaths of 82 people, including her lover?

When she's busted out of a Corp psyc facility by a Pilot named March and his motley crew, she finds herself on the run, with bounties on her head. Now she's trying to figure out what happened on Matins IV, while helping March and his crew with their project as well.

Will Sirantha be able to figure out what happened to her before it's too late? And what about March, is he a man she can really trust?

Grimspace, and the world it takes place in reminds me a bit of the world of Firefly. March et al remind me of the crew of the Serenity, and Sirantha is a tough as nails chick who takes no shit from anyone.

I totally got into this book from the first sentence I read, and I didn't want to put it down! And when Jax and March butt heads, sparks leap off the page.

Ann Aguirre's writing is gritty, suspenseful, and addicting, and I can't get enough! I've already started Book 2, Wanderlust, and I can't wait to see where she takes Jax and Co.

If you like space/sci-fi thrillers with a touch of romance, pick up this series!

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather