Dark Skye

Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark #14)Dark Skye by Kresley Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been waiting for Lanthe and Thronos' story since we first heard about them in Sabine and Rydstrom's. I have to say, it was WELL worth the wait.

Melanthe of the Deie Sorcerei Family, or Lanthe, is the Queen of Persuasion... when she can get her powers to manifest that is. She also has the ability to cast portals, but again, her powers are a little "off" sometimes. And who can blame her? She's all but spent her life draining her power of persuasion to make her sister heal from the life-threatening injuries their mortal enemies the Vrekners have dealt her.

But what few know is that Lanthe is the fated mate of Thronos Talos, one of the Vrekner Princes. They were once in love as children, but when Thronos betrayed Lanthe's trust, or so she thinks, she used her powers to make him jump from a tall cliff... and not use his wings. Now with the help of The Order's power-nullifying collar, Thronos has Lanthe just where he wants her... or so he thinks.

Can Lanthe and Thronos stand to be near each other long enough to escape the dangers facing them? And will they be able to fight the love that once was there, and could rise again? Or will they be fated to remain star-crossed lovers?

Lanthe was a bit of an enigma for me. There were times that I could totally relate with her, and was on her side, and there were other times that I just wanted to bash her head into a stone. But then again, the same could be said about her fated mate, Thronos. This book, while right up there with some of Ms. Cole's greats, was a bit of a tough read for me. Don't get me wrong, I ended up loving every second of it, but especially at the start, I had a bit of trouble getting along with our two main characters.

If you've read books by Kresley Cole before though, you know, just as I did, that things were set to be action-packed, and super steamy, and I soon got over my qualms. If you've not yet dipped a toe into the IAD series, know that each book can be read standalone, but they're much better (not to mention more coherent) if read in order. So do yourself a favor and continue the IAD series, or go and pick up book one, and inhale them until you get to this book, and give it a try!

This book is as steamy as it is an escape from everyday life, and you'll love the mini-vacation you end up taking.

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

Phoenix Feather

The Bite Before Christmas