Irradiance: The Dream Guild Chronicles Book One

Irradiance: The Dream Guild Chronicles - Book OneIrradiance: The Dream Guild Chronicles - Book One by David Bruns


This book was provided by the author for an honest review.

I tried so hard to like this book. It was right up my alley, had everything in it that I normally like: sci-fi, fantasy, a strange world compared to the one we're in. An interesting storyline... until I realized all of a sudden that I didn't know what the storyline was.

This book I got halfway through before I realized that I had no idea what the storyline really was. In these type of books, there are three scenarios as to how the book is going to be: Too much world-building too quick, too little world-building throughout, or just an amazing book. This book unfortunately takes you and drops you in the middle of a world and doesn't build it up at all.

The writing is awesome. The characters have depth, and are interesting, but there is no world-building. So you feel like you're lost in the middle of a city that you know nothing about, and have no map. It's truly a shame, because as I said, I was really excited to try this book. I did not finish this book, and I don't think I honestly ever will.

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

Phoenix Feather

The Bite Before Christmas