Claimed, by Evangeline Anderson

Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1)Claimed by Evangeline Anderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Earth has come under attack by an alien race known as "The Scourge." Earth, who was still under the impression that aliens were nothing, had no defenses against them. That is, until another alien race of warriors known as "The Kindred" came along and helped fight the Scourge off. The only thing that the Kindred asked in return is a genetic trade with Earth. Since their race has so few females, the warrior males wish to find their brides among the human females on Earth.

Olivia "Liv" Waterhouse is a nursing student living in Tampa, FL, with her twin sister Sophie, and her best friend, Kat. Her life is going fine until one day, she gets "Drafted." All Earth females between the ages of 19-35 are put into a draft, and if the Kindred claim a woman as their bride, she has to go to him, on the Kindred mothership, for one month, to see if he can convince her to "bond" with him.

Baird is a beast Kindred who calls Liv as his bride. She goes up on the mothership, rather unwillingly, to allow Baird to try and persuade her to stay with him.

I love this story. I love the premise, I love the characters, I love the world. All the new and interesting technology and creatures that Ms. Anderson incorporates are wonderful. I am a Star Trek lover, and that's what this reminded me of in a way. I felt for Liv, when she didn't want to lose her family on Earth, but Baird was so broody, so tortured, and he just wanted to love Liv, and worship her, and that made me also empathize with him.

The only thing that kept me from giving this story five stars was the typos and spelling errors. There weren't too awful many, but enough that it was distracting for someone who looks at those things.

This story is erotic fiction, and on that level, Ms. Anderson doesn't disappoint. The erotic scenes between Baird and Liv can only be summed up as HOT. Be sure to have your significant other close, otherwise you'll be left feeling frustrated... ;)

All in all, this book was wonderful, and I can't wait to read Sophie and Sylvan's story, which is the next in the lineup.

View all my reviews

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather