An Echo in the Bone

An Echo in the Bone (Outlander, #7)An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finished this book late last night, after getting to a point where I couldn't put it down. As with all Ms. Gabaldon's books, this one is very long, but very very good.

This book picks up right where the last one left off; Bree and Roger and the kids went back to their own time, Claire and Jamie are dealing with the repercussions of the big house burning down, and Murdina Bug's death, and Ian is just dealing with all the trouble's that he's been faced with. We get to see quite a bit more of William in this book, as well as Lord John, but that's ok, because their stories are intertwined with Jamie and Claire's.

The Revolutionary War sets into full swing in this book, and Ms. Gabaldon does a very good job with her historical facts, and people.

The only big problem that I had with this book is how much time (which to say isn't very much at all) is spent with Roger and Bree. I mean, I know they're major players now, but to me, the story has always been very much about Jamie and Claire, and those are the two characters I'm mostly invested in.

This book, as mentioned, is very long. With the exception of the first two-three books, I've been getting to a point, almost exactly halfway through the book, where I have to set it down for a week or so. I always end up coming back to it, but I think just due to the length, I have to take a break.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this book dragged on in any way, nor am I saying it was boring. In fact, quite the contrary! This book is very much action-packed, and has quite a lot of intrigue, especially the last 20% or so. Good luck putting it down then!

At the end of this book, the readers are very much set up for Ms. Gabaldon's next book, Written in My Own Heart's Blood, which, according to her website, she is currently still writing, but expects to finish by the end of 2012.

View all my reviews

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather