Reckoning

Reckoning (Night Huntress, #0.5)Reckoning by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm honestly surprised, being how much I love Jeaniene Frost, that I'm not giving this book higher marks. I love Bones, and I love seeing him do his thing, but for me, this book just missed the mark. Honestly, I think it's because he was with a woman other than Cat.

Bones, an undead hitman, is called to New Orleans to take care of a pair of ghouls who like to torture and eat innocent humans. Once in New Orleans, he also manages to pick up a hitman who is after him.

Jeaniene Frost's characters are always great, and in this, Bones is no exception. We also meet Jelani, servant/devotee to Marie Laveau, voodoo queen of New Orleans, and a ghoul herself. The world that Ms. Frost spins is also delightful.

As I said, I think the reason this book fell short for me was the fact that in it, Bones is with another woman, and I just don't like him being away from Cat. I had the same feelings during part of another of her novels where Bones and Cat aren't together.

All in all, if you're a fan of Jeaniene Frost and her Night Huntress series, you need to give this a read. It sets up the beginning for Halfway to the Grave quite nicely.

View all my reviews

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather