Once Burned

Once Burned (Night Prince, #1)Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well, considering I finished this book in less than 24 hours after I started it, that should say something... but, if it doesn't, let me just speak plainly... IT. IS. AWESOME.

I am a Jeaniene Frost fan, and have been ever since I picked up the first book in her Night Huntress series. This book does not center around Cat or Bones, but rather Vlad, and a woman he meets named Leila. I loved Vlad from the moment he made an appearance in the NH series, and he did not disappoint here. Being able to see more into him, and who he is made me fall in love with him even more.

Leila is a new comer, a woman who suffered a horrible accident as a teen that left her scarred both physically and emotionally. But beyond her scars, she is also left with some new abilities. She essentially turned into a human taser, and she can see peoples' past, present, and sometimes future when she touches them with her right hand.

The sparks between Leila and Vlad almost burn the pages in your hands. Their chemistry is amazing. Vlad and Leila set out to find the man behind threats on Vlad, and while they're hunting, things most definitely heat up.

This book is book one in a new series, which will remain centered around Vlad and Leila. The way Ms. Frost ends this book leaves me wanting more, and I cannot wait till Spring of 2013, when their next book comes out! Be sure to pick this book up, because it is a MUST READ!

View all my reviews

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

Phoenix Feather

The Bite Before Christmas