Faefever

Faefever (Fever, #3)Faefever by Karen Marie Moning
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ok, so, the only reason I ended up finishing this, and the only reason that I will be reading the next book is because a co-worker keeps telling me the series gets better. That's right, you're about to read a negative review from me.

I started reading this series because I had previously read KMM's Highlander series and loved it. The first book was decent, the second book seemed like a filler, and this book? Well, I got through it. For me, this series just isn't going anywhere.

Mac is still in Dublin, still employed by Jericho Barrons at Barron's Books and Baubles, and she's still working with/against Inspector Jayne on the case of her sister's killer. In this book, we also have V'lane vying for her attention, and now we have the Lord Master also vying for her attention. Mac in this book also meets someone named Christian MacKelter, who is a Scottish druid who is working on fighting the Unseelie, like she is.

The whole premise of this book is that the wall between Faery and the human world is thinning almost to the point of breaking, and when it does, all hell will break loose, in the manner of every kind of unsavory fae possible. But not a whole lot happens in the book overall.

Mac fights with Barrons, fights with V'lane, and fights with Rowena, the head of the sidhe seers. But other than that, no ground is really gained.

Barrons, the supposed love-interest makes me want to punch him in the face. Mac is horribly girlie, and just too fru-fru for my tastes. I'm going to continue on with the next book because my co-worker says the series gets better. But at this point, I'm thinking if I don't like it yet, I'm not going to.

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather