Shift

Shift (Shifters, #5)Shift by Rachel Vincent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had some trouble with this book, personally, even though it's an amazing book.

In this book, Faythe and the Pride are forced to face off against an ancient enemy race, the Thunderbirds. They are put in a position where they face life and death, and the heart wrenching grief of their losses hits you right in the chest.

SPOILER FROM THE LAST BOOK
The problem I had with this book actually started with something that happened in the last book, and that's where Faythe ends up sleeping with Jace right after her brother's death. Marc is missing, her brother just died, and she and Jace both get a little drunk, and fall into a passion that neither knew was there.

The problem I have with this is that I'm not a fan of cheating in books or movies with characters that I love. I also am not a fan of poly-amorous relationships in my books or movies, and I tend to stay away from them. So when I saw that in the last book, I was a little taken aback, because I was so in love with Faythe as a character, and that kind of made me hate her a little.

But in this book, it's really hard to see her live with this choice, and the fact that she hasn't told Marc about it, because with all that's going on, and all that's happened, there hasn't been a right time. She's horribly worried about what's going to happen with Marc and Jace, and herself, and she doesn't know how she's going to pick.
END OF SPOILER

The dynamic of this book is just great. There's so much emotion in it, from the losses the pride suffers, to the race against time to save one of their members. This book is an emotional roller coaster, and if you have not read this series, do yourself a favor and go pick it up! This book is definitely awesome, and will not let you down.

View all my reviews

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

The Bite Before Christmas

Phoenix Feather