The Witch's Daughter

The Witch's DaughterThe Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book, I can honestly say, is not what I expected. I was expecting a paranormal book, when what I got was a semi-historical romance with bits of magic.

Elizabeth Anne Hawksmith is turned into a witch out of necessity after her mother turns to witchcraft to save her daughter's life. When her mother is taken and murdered as a witch, Elizabeth must turn to Gideon to help her.

But Gideon is not all he seems to be. Elizabeth soon learns that there's more to being a witch than just magic, and she runs from the darkness that Gideon represents. But Gideon is not willing to give up on his new student so easily. He follows Elizabeth over the years, in each of her lives. Will she ever be able to be rid of him?

The book wasn't bad, overall. I really liked the glimpses into Elizabeth's different lives, since I love historical romances. But I just wasn't a fan with the way witches were portrayed in this book. Elizabeth's portrayal as a "White Witch" were good, but I loathed the way they portrayed Gideon. I actually stopped reading it a bit after his reveal.

If you're looking for a paranormal romance, this book is not for you. But if you're looking for a historical romance with a slight magical twist, this might be for you.

~♥~
Lady D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books vs. Movies

Phoenix Feather

The Bite Before Christmas